[PC Version] I can't start up CLIP STUDIO PAINT.
If you cannot start up CLIP STUDIO PAINT, please check the following things.
*This includes cases when the application doesn't start even though [The software is starting. Please wait.] message is displayed.
If the application doesn't start up after installing or updating.
If the application doesn't start up after a new installation or immediately after an update, it is possible the installation was incomplete.
Please follow the steps below to uninstall and then reinstall the application.
*Uninstalling the PC version of CLIP STUDIO PAINT will not delete drawings, materials, or other settings.
1. Open the Windows [Control Panel].
2. Open [Uninstall Programs] and uninstall [CLIP STUDIO PAINT 1.X.X].
3. After successfully uninstalling CLIP STUDIO PAINT, uninstall [CLIP STUDIO 1.X.X].
4. Restart your PC, download and install the latest version of the software from the following page.
*Please install the software without changing the install location.
1. From the Apple menu bar, select [Go]→[Application].
2. Deleting [CLIP STUDIO 1.5] from within the folder that is displayed will uninstall the application.
3. Restart your PC, download and install the latest version of the software from the following page.
How to check your security software settings.
There is a possibility that your security software is interfering with the application.
Please refer to the following page and configure your security scan settings.
Furthermore, if you use a Windows 10 environment that doesn't have security software, the standard feature [Windows Defender] will automatically be in operation.
If [Windows Defender] is operating, please check the information on the following page before reinstalling CLIP STUDIO PAINT.
Uninstalling pen tablet drivers.
Sometimes pen tablet drivers affect the application's ability to start up.
Using the following page as reference, uninstall the pen tablet's drivers, and try starting up the application.
Change the color profile of your display.
CLIP STUDIO PAINT may not start up if your display has a unique color profile active. Please change your color profile to a generic [sRGB] type.
Example: For Windows10
1. Right click an empty space on your desktop and open [Display Settings].
2. Open [Advanced Display Settings] from the lower part of the window displayed.
3. Click [Display Adapter Properties for Display 1].
4. Select the [Color Management] tab from the dialog displayed.
5. Click [Color Management], and check that the display you are using is shown in the [Device] list.
6. Click [Add], select [sRGB IEC61966-2.1] and press [OK].
*If there are no items on the list that match perfectly, please select one that begins with [sRGB].
7. With the new sRGB profile selected, click [Set to Default Profile].
8. If you have multiple displays connected, select the other display from [Device] in the top section of the [Color Management] dialog box, and repeat steps 6 to 7.
9. Restart your PC and check that CLIP STUDIO PAINT starts up.
Check that there are no problems with related folders.
Close your CLIP STUDIO application, and change the name of the [CLIPStudioPaint] folder in the following location to [1CLIPStudioPaint].
*Performing this operation will cause CLIP STUDIO PAINT to request serial number authentication upon start up.
Please make sure you have your serial number on hand before performing this operation.
For Windows users:
C:\Users\(Your user name)\AppData\Roaming\CELSYS\[CLIPStudioPaint]
C:\Users\(Your user name)\AppData\Roaming\CELSYS_EN\[CLIPStudioPaint]
For macOS users:
Macintosh HD/User/(Your user name)/Library/Application Support/CELSYS/[CLIPStudioPaint]
Macintosh HD/User/(Your user name)/Library/Application Support/CELSYS_EN/[CLIPStudioPaint]
After performing the operations above, restart your PC and check that CLIP STUDIO PAINT starts up.
Check that there are no problems with user settings.
Close your CLIP STUDIO application, and change the name of the [CLIPStudioPaintVer1_5_0] folder in the following location to [1CLIPStudioPaintVer1_5_0].
*Performing this operation will reset customized settings of brushes, shortcuts etc. Materials in the Materials Palette will not be affected.
For Windows users:
C:\Users\(Your user name)\Documents\CELSYS\[CLIPStudioPaintVer1_5_0]
For macOS users:
Macintosh HD/Users/(Your user name)/Library/CELSYS/[CLIPStudioPaintVer1_5_0]
After performing the operation above, start up CLIP STUDIO PAINT, and check that the application has started with it's default settings.