[iPhone/iPad] A message about access permissions is displayed when I open files in CLIP STUDIO PAINT.
For versions of Clip Studio Paint 1.9.5 and beyond, iOS and iPadOS will now try to open files directly from within the app.
Operations for the following file formats will differ depending on version.
・Page management files (cmc files)
・Files under page management (clip files)
・3D files (comprised of multiple files such as textures etc.)
For iOS13, iPadOS 13 and later:
Files can be read directly by allowing access permissions for the folders where files are saved.
Note: If you have files saved in a folder on cloud services other than iCloud Drive, please follow the steps "for iOS12" below to copy the necessary folder(s).
1. Select the file you want to open from the [File] menu > [Open].
For 3D files, select the files from the [File] menu > [Import] > [3D].
2. When a message appears saying "You need access permissions for the folder", click "OK".
- The access permissions message will not be displayed for items shown in [Recently used files] in the [File] menu.
- For 3D files comprised of multiple files such as textures etc., you will need to activate access permissions every time you read the files.
- When you open the clip file under the page management, the following message will appear. If you select [Open without page management], you could open the canvas of the page separately and be able to edit the page. If you open the file through the page management, please select [OK] and confirm from step 3.
3. In the folder view, the folder in which files are saved will automatically be selected. Tap [Done] to proceed.
If the folder has not been selected automatically, please manually select the folder in which the files are saved.
Folders of cloud services other than iCloud Drive cannot be selected.
If you open a clip file under page management, the following message shows.
If you select [Open as single page], only this page will open on a single canvas and can be edited.
If you select [Open as single page], only this page will open on a single canvas and can be edited. If you import a work consisting of several pages, first copy the folder into the [Clip Studio] folder and then import the file.
1. Open the Files app.
2. Open the location the necessary files are saved in.
3. Long press the folder icon and select [Move].
4. Select the Clip Studio folder and tap [Copy].
When moving files from folders under [On My iPad], the command name will display as [Move] and files will be moved from their previous location to the Clip Studio folder.