How can I recover default tools that I accidentally deleted?
Default tools and sub tools that have been deleted from Clip Studio Paint can be restored using the [Add from default] functions.
How to restore default tools
1. From the top left of the [Tool] palette, select [≡] menu > [Add from default].
2. In the [Add from default] dialog, select the tool you want to add, and press [OK].
Here, [Pencil] is selected.
The selected default tool is now added to the [Tool] palette.
How to restore a default sub tool
1. From the top left of the [Sub Tool] palette, select [≡] menu > [Add from default].
2. In the [Add from default] dialog, select the sub tool you want to add, and press [OK].
Here, [Mechanical pencil] is selected.
The selected default sub tool is now added to the [Sub Tool] palette.
Note: It is added to the displayed sub tool group.
To add a default sub tool from versions earlier than 1.10.10
The default sub tools that were included in versions earlier than Clip Studio Paint Ver. 1.10.10, such as the [Tapered Pen] and [Fill-in-mono pen], can be downloaded from the Clip Studio Assets.
If you cannot find the default sub tool you want to use with the above steps, please check the following materials collection.
Pens & Brushes_Ver.1.10.9
After downloading, please refer to the following FAQ to load the default sub tool.
For versions earlier than 1.7.4:
If you are using Clip Studio Paint Ver. 1.7.4 or lower, click here to download the default sub tools.
Note: After downloading, extract the zip file and load the default sub-tools by referring to the How to load default sub tools text file.
How to restore all default tools
Restoring all default tools resets them to their original installed state.
For the initialization procedure, please refer to the following FAQ: Can tool settings be reset to default?
This will also delete any customizations and self-made brushes, and return your software to its factory state.
When using the smartphone version
In the smartphone version, the [Tool] and [Sub Tool] palettes are hidden. Display each palette and then perform the restore method.
How to display the [Tool] and [Sub Tool] palettes
1. Tap the [≡] menu and select [App Settings].
2. Select [Palette Bar Settings].
3. Check the items you want to display on the palette bar, and then select [OK].
● Displaying the [Tool] palette
Check [Tool], and then select [OK].
● Displaying the [Sub Tool] palette
Check [Sub Tool], and then select [OK].
The selected item will now display in the palette bar.