How can I create an animation with Clip Studio Paint?
Once you have created a special animation canvas on Clip Studio Paint, you can create animations by drawing on layers that corresponding to individual cels.
Here we will show you how to create a basic animation using the “Create moving illustration” feature, which allows you to create a canvas for animating easily.
How to create a basic animation
1. Select File > New.
2. Check the “Create moving illustration” box in the Illustration dialog to create the canvas.
3. Set up the Timeline palette.
■ Computers and Tablets
Select Window menu > Timeline
(1) Tap the hamburger menu (≡) > App Settings > Palette Bar Settings.
(2) Check Timeline, and then select OK.
(3) This will add the Timeline palette to the palette bar so you can view it.
4. Draw images one-by-one like a flipbook animation on each layer 1-8 in the Layer palette.
For this example, we're drawing the movement of a horse running.
You can bring up faint versions of the previous and subsequent cels by turning on “Enable onion skin”.
5. Use the play button in the Timeline palette to check the movement of your animation.
Swipe the top of the palette to bring up the play button.
6. When you’re done, you can export your animation as an animated gif or video file.
For more information on exporting, see the article below.
When you want to increase the number of cels (layers)
If you want to increase the number of cels (layers), do the following on the final frame in the Timeline palette.
(2) Click “New animation cel”.
Note: The maximum number of frames on Clip Studio Paint PRO is 24.
How to create a full-scale animation
For more detailed information on how to animate, please refer to the following articles.
■Training and Tutorials